Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Flagstaff, Arizona back to Utah. (The last day)

Well all good things must come to an end. It was time to leave route 66 and head home to Utah. I have to admit I was really excited to see my wife and children. We took off fairly early and made it home by 5 that evening. I found this sign fitting because Flagstaff had some problems with fires while we were there.  
 The whole area was all smoky like this and you could smell it in the air.
 The drive had some beautiful areas along the way.
 This bridge goes over Glen Canyon Dam.
 Lake Powell is in the distance. It looked pretty low to me.
 Utah was a welcome site.
Well, after 10 days, 4867 miles, and 14 states we made it home safely to our loves ones. What a trip it has been. It was a great time to hang out with just the guys, and the best part of the trip was spending time with my Dad and seeing the town he grew up in. I learned a lot about him that I didn't know and I will always cherish the memories made along the way.
 Here are our stats for the trip. The funny thing is that the max speed was done on the first day. Ha Ha.
This trip is one for the history books. We had no break downs, no deer's were hit, we didn't run out of gas and we didn't get a speeding ticket even with a license plate like this!
I need to thank my wife for taking care of the kids while I was gone and my Mom for letting my Dad go for so long. This was a once in a lifetime trip that maybe, just maybe I can take with my kids when they are my age. Ha Ha time will tell.

No comments: