Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ed visits Granite Flats

BYU TV has a show on it called Granite Flats. It is set in the early 60's and is a show about a small town called Granite Flats. I guess you would call it a drama/mystery mix. They have shown 1 season and I am hoping they continue with it. I really like it and there are not many shows these days that hold my interest for more then a couple episodes. This one is cool and I like being able to watch a show and not worry about the content of what will be shown. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on BYU-TV and you can watch all 8 episodes of the first season on the Internet through BYU-TV.
They filmed a lot of the show in Magna on main street. I had to go to the library so I was on Magna's main street. I found out that some of the buildings were still painted up like the ones in the show. If you have seen the show, you will recognize a couple of the photo's. This one is from the Granite Flats police station. One of the main characters is the chief of police so you see this a lot in the show.
 This is the drug store they show in town when they do a street shot. The for sale sign kinda ruins the photo but the windows were painted up for the show.
 The Empress theater is in the show also. It's the local movie theater of granite flats and a piece of the "comet" breaks the front doors glass in the show. You will know what I am talking about if you watch it.
I don't think this is in the show but I found a really cool wall painting on my drive down main street. I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. I had to back Ed into an alley to get him in the shot. I have cruised this main street a lot and have never seen this painting. It's a little bit hidden.
 Here is the view looking out onto main street. If you have never driven down Magna main street, you should check it out sometime. There have been a few movies and TV shows filmed here because it has some old time charm. There are also a lot of bars and church's on main street but it's still fun to drive through now and then.
I passed this pickup just as he was pulling off the street and I was able to get a photo on my way back. It is nicely built. I have never seen it before but I did admire it.
 Here is another one I saw. The bars bring in some cool cars at times and lots of Harley's.
That was my adventure today in 102 degrees of sunny bliss. I really hope they do a season 2 of Granite Flats so I can see how it ends. They left you hanging in the last episode of season 1 so I would guess they are going to do a season 2. If they don't, well, that's just plain mean!


No comments: