Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The annual St. George Trip 2013

It's that time of year again when the men will be boys! It's Mini Indy 2013! The annual charity event put on by Skywest Airlines where a bunch of teams consisting of men and women compete for trophies and good times racing go carts, having the fastest pit stops, and cooking the best BBQ. It's a 3 day event and I go down every year to participate on the tech team. My job is to make sure the go carts are safe and most important legal. We have found some cheating going on in the past so we inspect all the carts and make them all equal in compression, oil, and rpm. I take the opportunity to cruise in my VW and see the back roads of Utah as I travel from Salt Lake City to St. George and then back again. I didn't get many pictures taken today. This was a picture just as I was starting out. The weather was looking pretty crappy and it was sprinkling. The Great Salt Lake is shown here with antelope island in the background. We made good time going down even though we had a pretty good headwind all the way.
Here is Ed looking out my hotel window resting after the long journey. The weather is pretty good here for now, hopefully it will stay that way for the rest of the week.
Here is the route I took down. I am computer illiterate so I cant figure out how to make it come up but here's the link anyways.
I will post more later so check back often and keep the rubber side on the road!



No comments: