Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sounds like Victory to me!

Well, it sounds like a Victory motorcycle anyways. I got my buddy to weld up the exhaust because he's a lot better welder than me. He did an awesome job and they look good.
Here is Ian welding up the pipes. He makes it look so easy but I know it's not that easy to weld rusty pipes.
Here they are installed and ready for a test fire. They are super quiet especially compared to the old pipes. I can actually hear the engine noise over the exhaust noise. It's about the same as my other bug now. My neighbor said they sound boring now. I guess he's right but he has a straight piped Harley. I think he just wants someone else in the neighborhood to be loud so he's not the only one. I must be getting old because I like the sound of them and I really like the looks. The only trouble I am going to have is keeping my kids from touching them when they are hot. Hopefully I never get rear ended or I may have 2 pipes flying towards me from behind.
I took a video of the engine running but I have spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to get it on here. Obviously you can tell I haven't figured out how to get it to work. I guess my techno savyness is really lacking. I will have to try to get my 10 year old to do it for me. So one bug is back up and running. I am cleaning up the new/old beam for Ed and I hope to get it in the car soon. I have some welding to do on it and then I need to paint it. Check it out a little later.

No comments: