Thursday, March 29, 2012

Back to Work!

Well, I had to get back to the real world this week and go to work.  I have been moving stuff for 2 nights now and this is where I am at. The shop area is crammed full of most of the crap. I have been dispersing stuff to the basement, the trailer, the shed and the garbage. I still have a big mess but I almost have the garage bays where I can get to them and mud the walls. I swear it's going to take all summer long to go through all this stuff and get it organized and put away. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that no big car projects come up where I will actually need to get to my tools. I am going over to my friends house tomorrow to hopefully fix the air conditioning on Dixie's van. Luckily we will be using all his tools so it should work out OK.
Here are the garage bays. It's not too bad now. I am going to get rid of the cabinet in the middle of the floor and everything else can be moved quickly. I still need to clear the walls of the stuff that remains and hopefully tomorrow I can get a coat of mud on it. I can then put one more coat on Saturday. That is my goal for this weekend along with fixing the AC in the van, mowing and fertilizing the grass and tilling the garden. I think I will have plenty of time.
 This is the wall where the flames will eventually be painted. I can picture it in my mind. The hood will get a proper finish on it and will be relocated to the ceiling. Not sure what I am going to do with the bikes yet but they aren't going back on the ceiling. I am tired of hitting my head on them.
 I decided that since I have so much free time, I will restore my vise. This is a super cool old vise I bought from McDonnell Douglas at a surplus sale. It's a Columbian and is in pretty good shape. I plan to strip it, polish the areas that need to be polished and powdercoat the rest of it a high gloss black. It should look pretty good.
 I will either polish the name or paint it so it stands out in silver.
 Can't beat a good old vise that's made in the USA. It will fit in nicely with the garage when it's finished. I also got an awesome birthday present from my Brother-in-Law. I will do a post about it when I get some time. Until then, enjoy the weekend.

No comments: