Sunday, April 25, 2010

Things are looking up!

Well, Since the last post a lot has happened.
The wheels have been powder coated mercedes silver



The tires have been installed on the wheels. (They are very narrow) I will definetly have to be careful tailgating other people





My Friend welded up the last adjuster on the beam and made my whole week. I was as excited as a kid on Christmas day!




and so now the real fun begins. The plan is to assemble the front end with the torsion leafs, and new torsion arms with ball joints installed. (I chose the ball joints for a lowered front end so hopefully it will help the ride be a little softer.) I will then clean up the beam and paint it, and install the new tie rods, steering damper, sway bar, and front brakes. Hopefully with any luck the bug will be back on its wheels very soon. The way this week is looking it doesn't look like it will be done for the weekend but we will see. Thats it for now.

No comments: